Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lend America Complaint board Let's Hear from YOU!

This is a copy of my complaint on Complaints board.com. I would be very interested in hearing about other complaints against this company. Please contact me at home at 515-532-2281 My name is Deborah Dean. You can also contact Donna Healy at 765-378-4678. Woe want to hear your stories good or bad Thanks!

Here is a copy of an email I sent to Lend America. Their answerer to my complaint was to vilify me for having bad credit as if this whole thing was my fault that they where terrible!

Also my name and number was given without my consent to a legal office that does home modification. I feel that I should have been notified of the fact that I was not getting the loan by some from you company and not a person who does not work for you. I was looking to refinance not modify my mortgage. Wolfgang told me in any earlier conversation that you (Lend America) did not deal with any outside loan modification company's. I also feel put upon to have paid for an appraisal and now be expected to pay for a modification. Unless this matter is resolved I feel it is my duty to report your company to FTC and the BBB.
1. In regards to the refinance on my mortgage. I started this process in April. I never received a call back from your company. I called back and spoke to Wolfgang. He gave me the confidence in your company to continue to work with it instead of going to another company. He ordered an appraisal and everything was going well until I found out he was no longer working for your company. I had planed to use some of the cash back to pay my taxes but... the next person who was assigned to my case was Brian Dowling. He was not very good at returning calls and requested lots of information. I was very quick to get this info to him but every time I finally got him on the phone...he needed more information, i.e. LOE's, more pay stubs, doctors notes. I complied with everything even tough I felt like I was jumping through hoops! I finally contacted Chris Ryan, Brian's supervisor to find out the status of my loan. Again more information was requested. I was easier to contact Chris and he finally had the document expeditor Pinchas Barwigdor contact me directly to get all the paper work he required. Things finally started moving along and the file went to the under writer. Now I find I am being denied the loan due to back taxes. I did offer th borrow the money from my mother-in-law even though I feel if the loan had been done in May or the beginning of June I would have been able to pay those taxes before they where listed as past due. Apparently the underwriter is not pleased with my score or the back taxes. If this is the case fine. I feel you have wasted 3 ½ months of my life on a loan that was never going to happen and I can not in all fairness recommend you to ANYONE else. I feel if the underwriter felt so strongly about my loan, Lend America should have been up-front instead of wasting my time and theirs. I really need this refinance due to difficult financial constraints of having a disabled child and the need to give her the attention she requires. I wonder if I had gone to one of your competitors if this would have been taken care of months ago.
Sincerely,
Deborah L Dean
Here is the copy of my complaint to the Attorney General of Iowa and New York as well as Ginnie Mae and the FHA

Deborah L Dean

My complaint is against the direct lender Ideal Mortgage Bankers, LTD. Dba Lend America. I was trying to refinance my home with an FHA loan. My complaint is that they gave personal information to a third party mortgage modification attorney without my consent, lied to me and generally treated me like insignificant trash. Here is everything thing that happened while dealing with this company.
I called Lend America’s toll free number in March of this year. I was told that they would run my credit and get back to me by Monday. A week later I still had not heard back so I called again and spoke to Wolfgang. He told me he would personally handle my account. It took a few days for him to access my information. He said he was waiting for a supervisor to unlock everything because he did not want to run my credit again. He told I qualified and he was ordering an appraisal that I would have to pay for. A third party contacted me and they set up the appraisal. I took almost two weeks to get the appraiser out here and then another week to get the report. I was in contact with Wolfgang during this whole process. He wanted to do the mortgage in both mine and my husbands name. There were several bills we would be paying off and the rate would be 5.5%. Closing cost would be around $3900. I am enclosing the copy of my credit report that he emailed me. My score was 534 and my husband was 560, which are within the FHA guidelines. I tried calling Wolfgang for 5 days with no return to my calls. I finally called the general number and spoke to the first person who answered. I told them I was looking for Wolfgang and they told me I would need to talk to Chris Ryan. They transferred me to Jeremy Shippy. I called back and used the prompt for the directory and got Chris’s extension. I called him several time and did not leave a message. I finally reached him and asked him what was going on. This is mid May. He told me Wolfgang was no longer with them and Brian Dowling would be handling my case. He gave me his extension. I called and left a message. I did not hear from him so I called back the next day several times without leaving a message until I reached him. I appeared they had not received my appraisal. I called the Management company and had them resend the appraisal. I finally reached Brian the next day and he told me we would be closing soon. He gave me three different closing dates. He sent me a package Fed EX that I signed paperwork about rates and such. I was getting 6%. He said the rates went up. Closing cost where 8900. He said I had to pay a lot of “points” because of the low amount of the loan and the credit score. He had Funding Suite contact my creditors and agree to pay them for me. They called my currant Mortgage Co (CITI Bank Rep. Jodie 1-800-769-7143) and asked her inappropriate questions twice once with me on the phone in a conference call. Jodie called and told me about the first time. Then Brian told me then need additional information. I got it back to him within a day. Then he need more information. This took awhile since he need a letter from my daughter’s doctor saying she was disabled. This is now July and the Doctor was on Vacation. I still had it back to him within 10 days. Then he needed more information. Again I got it back to him within the day. Each time I talked to him I asked if I was getting this loan. He said yes it was just taking awhile because my credit score was so low. He finally stopped returning my calls and I got back in touch with Chris. He told me he would be handling my case personally. We talked several times and he requested additional information as well. Again I complied quickly and again I continued to ask if I was getting this loan. Again I was told I was but it was taking awhile again due to the low score. He had the document expediter call me directly and he request more information. I complied quickly again! Chris told me it was going to the underwriter. I called Monday and he said the underwriter was looking at it to call back that evening. I called and did not reach him. I called on Tuesday and he told me not to keep calling him HE would call me as soon as he heard something. I got an email from him later that afternoon to call him ASAP. I called and he asked if his associate had reached me and I said no. I asked what number and he had been calling on my fax so I told him I would unplug my fax and what for his call. About 20 min later I got a call from a man named David and he told me he worked for an Attorney that did debt consolidation and other things as well as mortgage modifications.. He said that Chris had asked him to call me hoping he could help me since I did not get the loan. I was angry and embarrassed ! I flat out asked him how much this was going to coast me. He said they could cut my payment in half. How much I asked again. He told me maybe nothing but probably around 500 to 600. He would call me back. He would not give me his number or the name of the law office but he could also tell I was mad. I sent an email to Frank Lagrega and Michael Ashley telling them why I was upset with their company. Frank called me . The upshot of the conversation was that my credit was terrible and I should have expected not to get financed. Did I really feel I needed to lodge a formal complaint? Chris would be fired if I did and was I really that mean of a person? Chris called me that night and let me know that he was just helping me and now I was going to get him fired unless I changed my story. That they would give me my appraisal fee back but if I complained to the Attorney General’s office, he would lose his job and I would get nothing. I spoke to Frank aging the next day and again listened to how bad my credit was and how they did everything possible to help me. I wanted to speak to Frank’s supervisor and he told me I could speak to the head of underwriting. I told them they where not listening to me . I understood that I did not get the loan and that I wanted to fell that I mattered, my business mattered I wanted the time I had wasted back and not to have payed for an appraisal. Again they went on about my terrible credit. I started to interrupt and was told that he had let me speak now I needed to let him speak. They had tried everything they could but could not get my loan approved due to my credit and they could not sell it to their investors that if they funded this loan they may be stuck with it. I told him that I did not want to hear about my credit anymore that they where rubbing salt into wounds. I didn’t care about not getting the loan and they weren’t going to make me think that the way I was treated was justified due to my:”lousy credit score. I was mislead, lied to, my information released to a third party, and then made to feel small and delinquent . I said I had a complaint and I felt they could not correct the situation unless it was brought to their attention and that is what I was doing and their answer was to NOT Listen to ME! Frank agreed to mail out a check for the appraisal fees and then he sent me an email which I will enclose. I don’t think a company that is Ginnie Mae certified should treat people the way I was treated and if they will not address the problem they should be held accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment